Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pros and Cons of Diversity in The Workplace:



Pros:

  1. Enables organizations to develop more innovative and effective programs/services for the diverse clients it serve, which leads to more sales.
  2. Addressing the specific needs of the customers with respect to their cultural values.


Cons:
  1. Resentment, misunderstanding and/or tension could happen; therefore, culture sensitivity/diversity training should be provided.

References:

Articlebase. (2007). Diversity in the Workplace - Enhancing an Organization's Success. Retrieved from

Dowdell, Sommer. (n.d.). Pros & Cons of Workplace Diversity. Retrieved from http://www.ehow.com/list_5941766_pros-cons-workplace-diversity.html


Please feel free to add any additional information by commenting below.
My question is: what and how can the employers provide diversity education/ training?

2 comments:

  1. I like that you've included links to all of your sources at the end of your blog posts because it allows me to read further information if I choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have really liked to see more info 2 pros and a con wasn’t enough to net me in

    ReplyDelete