Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Festival of Cultures



If you have been to it, you probably have already got an email informing you about the dates. I am talking about Carassauga: Mississauga's Festival of Cultures.  It  is the largest multicultural Festival in Ontario and is now recognized as the 2nd largest cultural Festival in Canada in terms of visits & ethnic diversity representation; Winnipeg’s Folklorama being the first. 


I personally like the festival. For 2012 they have 60 different countries in just 12 locations. Its like you are travelling and visiting 60 countries. In my opinion this is a great example of how culture diversity would help the business succeed. In 2011 the Festival had 263,161 visits.


I have couple of friends who book a three night hotel at Mississauga, since they live far, and enjoy each minute of the festival. Check the website. The dates are May 25, 26 and 27th, maybe if you live nearby you would like to come, also don't forget to share your experience here. 


http://www.carassauga.com/



2 comments:

  1. I have never been to Carassauga, even though I live in Mississauga. From your description of how popular it is and how many countries participate I plan to buy the passport this year and see what I have been missing. Thanks for opening up my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post for those of us who haven't been to Carassauga before but I feel it should have included a bit more background information on it for some who don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete